Paris - City of Light and Fashion
Paris, the cosmopolitan capital of France is also known as the City of Light and Capital of Fashion. With a population of 12 million people living in the whole metropolitan area, Paris is also one of the largest agglomerations in Europe. Paris with its most beautiful and romantic locations, historical monuments, art, fashion, food, is one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. Two underground railway systems serve central Paris. The world famous Metro has 14 lines with stops in near to all major attractions. The RER serves the outlying suburbs and has fewer stops in the city, but is useful for some attractions. Traveler’s book flights to Paris to visit incredible museums, world-famous historic sites, palaces, monuments and beautiful parks and gardens. Cheap flights to Paris operate from all major airlines from various locations around the world. ExploreTrip with its amazing travel deals on Paris flights offers a lifetime opportunity to enjoy the world's finest tourist destination. The city has world's most visited tourist sights such as Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe , the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, Moulin Rouge, Lido etc. Great deals on cheap flights to Paris to make your vacation memorable.
We have shortlisted top 10 attractions or places to visit in Paris:
- Sacré Coeur: Sacre Coeur is a magnet for tourists, set on a hill, in the north Paris suburb of Montmartre. Visit the church, sit with the crowds outside and admire the best free view of the city or watch the street artists at work in the cobbled back streets of Montmartre.
- Notre Dame: Set on the Ile de la Cité , an island in the middle of the Seine, Notre Dame Cathedral has dominated the Paris skyline for centuries. Explore the narrow streets full of small shops and sample the world famous Berthillon's ice cream.
- Louvre: View world famous old masters, including the Mona Lisa, admire the stunning architecture, debate whether the modern glass pyramid at the front of the building is a work of art or a monstrosity.
- Museé d'Orsay: A converted railway station is home to Paris's second largest art collection. See the works of Gauguin, Cézanne, Van Gogh , Monet or Renoir and admire world class displays of photographs, sculpture and graphic arts.
- Champs d' Élysees: Mingle with the crowds along Paris's most famous street, call in at shops ranging from top designer names to Virgin Megastores and Disney. Enjoy a coffee in a street café, under the shadow of the magnificent l'arc de Triomphe.
- Cheap Air Tickets, Book Discounted Flights at OneTravel & Save up to 60% on Air Tickets.
- Eiffel Tower: Paris's best known landmark can be seen from most parts of the city. Elevators take visitors to three viewing platforms, including one near the top of the tower which offers unparalleled views of the city and surrounding countryside.
- Bateaux-Mouches River Trip: See all the major sights of Paris on an hour-long river trip along the Seine. Experience the romance of the city as the trip passes The Louvre, Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower. Early evening is the most popular time to take this trip, which runs daily throughout the year.
- Jardin de Luxembourg: The Luxembourg Palace and its gardens is a popular destination to tourists. The park on the left bank of the river near the Latin Quarter and Sorbonne University was the inspiration to many writers and academics.
- Place de Vosges: Paris's oldest square, which dates back to the 17th century, was home to Victor Hugo between 1832-1848. Number 6, where he lived, is now a museum in his memory and other building around the square provide cafes and gift shops for tourists.
- Disneyland Paris: This is likely to be top of your list. Disneyland Paris lies 15 miles east of Paris and is easily reached from central Paris. It has everything for every age. It’s a fun loving place and must try entertaining place.
So, these are the selected 10 attractions or places to visit Paris, but there are many other attractions to suite your interest. Happy Travel to Paris.
Tags: cheap flights to paris, paris flights, cheap flights, travel deals